SO, I have this grey sateen sitting in my stash (you may have noticed...or maybe you haven't, in which case I'm about to point it out... I have a slight obsession with sateen. ) for probably about 4 months and I have thought about making it into 6 or 7 different projects before I made a decision.
Oh well. The end product is comfy and pretty cute anyway. Although, I do have some issues with the fit.
I cut my normal sz 12 but the waist is a little large (and this is true of my skirt, also) but the bodice is a bit tight. Looking at the model on the packaging I actually think the waist is supposed to be kind of baggy but obviously I've got too much going on in the boobs to make the silhouette work. I ended up sewing only .5" SA on the side and it still pulls. Admittedly, it looks kind of funky but it could be my bra (I'm wearing the same push up style that I wore in my last post, I'll just keep blaming it).
Looking at these pics while editing them, I've decided the waist is weird. I'm thinking I'm going to bind the SA in bias tape and then hand stitch it to the bodice lining.
So, not a completely successful make but then again, not a total failure either. I think the style is cute and it'll be perfect for running around with my kids.
I'd like to thank everyone who reached out to me about my Father-in-law's passing. It really means so much to me.