All done! Truth be told, I wish I had saved this fabric for my second Hazel. Despite it being slightly difficult to work with, it's soooo pretty.
The pattern was easy and came together quickly. As I mentioned, I had some problem with the fabric, but it was my own amateur mistakes.I cut a size 10 for the whole front and a size 8 for the back bodice pieces. I find all Colette patterns I've made to be a bit big in the back. I also lined the bodice in cotton batiste to give it some structure.
After wearing it for the full day my feedback is this: The straps are too long and positioned a bit too far out, the bodice a little short and hits right above my natural waist, the dress is still a bit on the loose side around the waist.I plan to add a half an inch to the bodice to fix the bodice length and I'll play around a bit with the straps on the next one. I remedied the waist with a belt, but I'd like the option of not wearing a belt so I think I'm going to take in the seams on the side. All in all, I love this dress and can't wait to make it up again.
A little bonus for this post...my oldest daughter's birthday is the day after our anniversary. Here she is in the dress I made her on her birthday.
|Our inspiration was Minnie Mouse. ; )|